Constant huge changes have become pretty regular for me over the past 3 years- slightly frustrating and exhausting but keeps me on my toes. A new change is coming soon that should allow me to get into the studio more often which is great.
On that note the stdio is freezing cold and I need to make sure I pick up a heater.
I worked an event with Baltimore Clayworks yesterday. Dominique and I had a table at the Baltimore Design School Parent Teacher Organization Fall Festival. We were just doing demonstrations in clay and made a bunch of great cups and saucers for the Community Arts "Buy a cup- Give a class" program. Throughout the year Clayworks hosts Cup-A-Thons and different workshops teaching people how to make cups. The finished products are then fired and glazed and sold. All of the proceeds from the cup sales go to the Community Arts Program at Clayworks and help make classes and workshops more affordable to the community and after school programs.
I've been hitting a few road blocks with the screen printing- but think I found the source of my problems. I thought I was putting the screen in dark enough spaces- but as it turns out- I don't think they have been fully blocked from the sun. I have a few adjustments to make to the storage of my screens and hopefully that will solve the issue. Amazingly I found free silk screen frames on craigslist the other week and picked them up!
I was able to burn a screen of one of my dreamcatchers- it is not as sharp as I would like it to be but still a fun experiment.
I still need to clean and re-burn my larger screen with my business cards and Werd Moksha logo on it. I have been using sheer fabric stretched on picture frames to make screens out of- which has worked just fine.... BUT I did order actual screen printing fabric and stretched it onto an actual screen printing frame and it was ALOT easier... who knew.